Thursday, July 30, 2015

It's time for another Kitchen Adventure!  

I went to the grocery today to pick up just three things:  milk, butter, onions.   But then, of course, I saw stuff on clearance, and I just couldn't ignore that.  


I got a loaf of parmesean bread, two containers of veggie salad mix, and a container of chopped peppers--bargains!  

Since I've been longing for salad for days, I decided to add a small lettuce and some dressing--of course, that extra expense meant that the butter on my list became margarine.  Gotta stick to the budget, and the budget said that my expenses needed to hover around $18.  And that's just what I spent.



While I was running errands, I also had to stop at my neighbor's house today to drop off some fan blades (but that's a different story).  They gave me a whole bunch of surplus cucumbers from their garden as well as some lovely cherries and three oranges.



Now that I've taken time to think while enjoying a salad, I've got some ideas about what to do with this interesting combination of bounty.  It's time to get cooking!



No comments:

Post a Comment