Monday, December 14, 2015

Japonism


It's official:  Christmas arrived at my front door!  Joe the Postman delivered my copy of Arashi's latest CD Japonism today.  I am so happy.




It's never easy for me to get Arashi's CDs.  I have to save my pennies and then I still can't afford the Japanese version (generally more than $45); I have to wait for the official Taiwan release which comes weeks later but which I can get for a lower price (less than $30).  Fortunately, I've found a really nice and reliable eBay seller in Taiwan (artice_ray).  He not only got my CD here in time for the holiday but he also included a movie advertisement for Hidamari No Kanojo which is one of my favorite movies, something he couldn't have known.  What a great little gift!

I decided to get the regular edition (there are three editions) of the Japonism CD because it includes the song Furusato.  Although Arashi has been performing Furusato for more than five years, this is the first time it has been recorded.

If you're interested, here's a video link of a wonderful perfomance of Furusato at the 2011 Kohaku Uta Gassen--this was showing support for the people who suffered from the Great Tohoku Earthquake and Tsunami that year. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1lkq9f_furusato-arashi-nhk-kouhaku-31-12-2011_music

Somehow I knew this would be a really great day!  I'm gonna go listen to Furusato right now.


Because there are days when it rains, a rainbow appears
Because we overcome hardships, we become stronger
The path that I'll walk on and the map that leads to my dream, 
They are both in my heart
I want to treasure forever the memories of friends that help me
The path that I'll walk on and the map that leads to my dreams
That is my hometown

Arashi ~ Furusato
translation credit to Yarukizero

No comments:

Post a Comment