Saturday, March 5, 2016

Timing


I've received an offer from eBay that could make some substantial changes to my sales but I have to decide NOW.  Now is right this moment when I'm too ill and too tired to think properly.  The timing seems really awful.

It's gonna cost money to make the switch but, of course, I'm not earning any money because I closed my store temporarily so I could get over being ill.  And that is taking longer than I'd like--five days into this siege and my temperature is still high.  The medicines that work for other people don't work for me; I can only take the slow road, the old paths that our ancestors relied on.  It takes time, patience, and perseverance.

Time is money.  We have to spend it wisely.  I'm kinda bad at that because I get so easily distracted.

No matter what, I believe this in my bones:  God has everything in place for me; he wants me to do my best and he knows what I am capable of.  My job is to move forward thankfully in faith.  Being ill is just a distraction from the main event.  I don't have to win the race but I do need to keep running.

But “I know Whom I have believed,
And am persuaded that He is able
To keep that which I’ve committed
Unto Him against that day.”
Daniel Whittle, 1883

When  door opens, we have to walk through.  That is what I will do today.  I don't know how but God does, and I can trust him in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment