Friday, March 4, 2016

Walking Back Through the Fire


The past few days have been kinda horrible.  No one likes being ill, and certainly I don't.  But I've been remembering something I learned from the herbalist who literally saved my life more than 20 years ago:
In order to regain health,
you may have to walk back through the fire
that burned you in the first place.
Lois Inez Weeks

That's why I'm thinking that the days and nights of fever can actually be a good sign--that my body is burning something out from the inside, something that needs to change in order for me to move forward.

It happened to me back then when I got chicken pox in my mid-30's.  Although it half-killed me, when the fever was done, I was changed and I was stonger--the symptoms of my disability were substantially altered.

Right now I still don't feel well but I do feel grateful.  And I'm gonna keep walking back through the fire because maybe there's something really good on the other side of the flames.

No comments:

Post a Comment