Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Playing the Glass Game


A few days ago, my neighbor asked me to go along errand-running.  Once we had made the necessary stops, we decided to wander around some re-sale shops (you know the kind of place I mean:  Goodwill, Jacob's Well). 

And I was good.  Really.  I got some re-sale items to re-re-sell on eBay but otherwise I resisted all sorts of shopping temptation.....until I saw the game.  Then I didn't resist for a single second.  (By the way, it only cost $5.50.)



My neighbor wanted a reason why I was throwing money away.  I could only say, 'But it's glass!"

Yeah.  There it is.  My own personal form of catnip.  Glass.  I can't imagine anyone not noticing that I have a serious glass jones.  It's like air or water to me.  Gotta have it.  Just gotta.

I emailed a picture of my newfound prize to my friend who recently moved to Alabama.  She asked me, "Who are you gonna play chess with?"  I had to admit that I don't even know how to play chess.  So she wanted to know why I bought it.   I could only say, "But it's glass!"



Glass.  I don't see any glass.  Do you see any glass?  I don't have a problem.  Seriously.  I can stop any time I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment