Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Settling in with My Store


Although I have been an eBay seller for about five years, my business didn't really have a place to call home.  I had my computer in one room of my house and my sales stock in several others.  I was always going from one place to another to take pictures or pack boxes.  It got confusing and tiresome. 

Finally my kind neighbor asked me why I didn't keep everything in one place.  It was such a simple suggestion but I honestly hadn't thought of doing that before.  It makes sense.  Simple, good, common sense.  We all need more of that! 

The only problem was that in my little house moving my eBay business into one single space meant that I had to move furniture around in every room of the house!  It has been a lot of work but my new office space (the home for my eBay store) is ready for business.  I couldn't be happier. 

It's really nice to have a place that is set aside and ready for work.  It's a small room, about 8.5 X 10.5 feet, but it feels just right.  No, it's not perfectly tidy but it is neat enough, and I've set it up so that I can do the work that I need to accomplish.

There's a space for preparing packing.

 
My big homemade desk has everything I need.  And there is sunshine streaming though the windows all day--that's something that makes me especially glad.
 
 
 
The stock wall is chock-full of things to sell.  And there's a good place set up for taking photographs--it's not easy to tell from this picture but there's a fabric backdrop set up for easy access over the work surface in the center.
 
 
 
Life is good.
God is gracious.
I am so very grateful to have work to do and a place in which to do so. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment