Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Mr. Plestiodon Update


You know that feeling you get when someone is staring at your back?  Yeah, I just had that.  There's no one in the house but me and the cat.....and the cat is in the other room sulking because I accidentally startled her.

Anyway, that creepy stared-at feeling wouldn't quit, so I swiveled the desk chair around.  Yeah, it was Mr. Plestiodon, the visiting skink. 

This time he wasn't scurrying so fast.  He just sort of plodded over the carpet to hide behind a box of packing peanuts.  I thought he seemed kinda peaky, so I went to see.  When I moved the box, he ducked under the closet door but, again, not so fast.  Right now, he's sitting lackadaisically next to the peanut box, watching me type.  In fact, he almost let me make his picture before he turned his head and left only his tail sticking out from the box.

Poor Mr. Plestiodon.  It makes me sad to be a poor hostess but I don't know what to do with skinks, except to let them be skinks.  He won't let me catch him, and he's not finding his way out of the house.  Not much I can do.  Hope I don't find him lying on his back with his tiny claws up.

.....and he finally turned around.  Here he is, Mr. Plestiodon, the visiting skink:

No comments:

Post a Comment