Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Turning Things Around: Pikelets


There are days when you just can't win for losing (to use an old expression)--when things just go pear-shaped (to use another).  It happens.  Yesterday kinda went that way.  It was a long day.

To begin with.....well, never mind.  Annoying stuff happened.  Enough said.  It really was a long day.  When things finally settled down, I took a break to watch videos on YouTube and I noticed this:



As the presenter eventually gets around to explaining (and to be fair, it always takes me a long, long, long time to get around to the main point, too), some people call these Pikelets rather than Crumpets, and apparently there's a bit of a controversy surrounding which is what.  Well, I've made them before:  I say Pikelets.

As I sat there in my not-at-all-comfortable basket chair, I sighed.  Long unsatisfying day.  Poor results in general.  Why bother.   But.....wait.....Pikelets, now wouldn't those be good!  But it was 5:30.  Wasn't that too late to start yeast dough?  Not a bit.  

The best way to turn things around is to do something different.  Supper was a little late.  I had Pikelets with butter and grape jam.




Life is good.
Turning things around begins with just one step.

By the way, leftover Pikelets re-heat nicely in the toaster, and they make a great breakfast.



No comments:

Post a Comment