Monday, May 22, 2017

Coincidence? I Think Not


First off, I've gotta explain that I'm getting started clearing up my workshop.  This is NOT a small thing.  The mess is massive, and the workshop building is actually larger than my house.   Honestly, I've taken to calling the place The Black Hole of Clutter.

While the current workshop mess isn't the worst that it has ever been (the Worst was when my stepfather died--indescribable filth and disorder; instead of cleaning up cat poop, he'd kick it under the workbench so it would pile up.....but never mind), it's still really very bad. 

There is stuff leftover from either 3 or 4 of my own yard sales, stuff from two other people's yard sales, stuff from my tenant and my friend who have moved out of town, stuff from when another friend's store closed down. Stuff.  There are also piles and piles of empty boxes and packing materials.  Stuff left from my mother's belongings, my grandmother's, my stepfathers.  Stuff.  Seriously tons of stuff.  And I've been avoiding dealing with it.

But I have to have a yard sale.  Have to.  Need to earn money.  And I also just need to get Stuff under control.

So the whole time I'm in the workshop today, I'm trying to remember to pray and the Only thing I can say is "thank you, thank you, thank you."  That's it.  It's all I've got.  "Thank you."  And I'm reminding myself that's what I wrote about in my previous post.  Philippians 4:5-6 (a Bible reference that I essentially consider my own personal home address).

Now, where do you start clearing?  The stuff in front of you, right?  That makes sense.  It's logical.

I couldn't do that.  In my head, I kept seeing a box on a shelf in the center back of the workshop.  In fact, I had been thinking about that shelf since before I left the house.  It wasn't in a convenient place, and I had to get through other boxes first.  I had no idea whatsoever what could be in any of those boxes.  But, no matter what, I felt like I had to get to that particular box on that shelf.....that if I got to that box I would feel that I had accomplished something for today.  I only wanted to spend an hour in the workshop after all so that I wouldn't become overwhelmed or overtired.....but I had to get to that box.

And I did.  
The box turned out to be leftovers from the closed store. 

Guess what I found in the box? 
This is for real.  I'm not making this up.  It really was in there.



God answers prayer.
Everything is gonna be fine.
Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment