Sunday, June 18, 2017

Herman is My Pet Mountain Lion


There's an old expression (yes, yet another one) that my family regularly used.  I haven't heard it from anyone else for years (or maybe not even ever).  This morning the memory of that phrase was the start of a whole cascade of thoughts that lead me clearly from Point A to Point Z, so I was gonna write something about it.  But guess what?  As soon as I opened the laptop, it "fled my head" (another old expression but accurate in this case).  Yeah, I have absolutely no clue whatsoever I was gonna say.  Welcome to the Wonderful World of Aphasia.

Ah well.  The funny thing is that the phrase I was originally thinking of completely applies to this.  It's an expression that means, essentially, "So, what do you expect me to do about it?  It's not my fault!"

Yeah, there you go, another tidbit from my family's odd lexicon:  Herman is my pet mountain lion.  Definitely appropriate this morning.

I'll leave you to enjoy your own thought cascade.
Come on, Herman, let's go for walkies.
Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment