Sunday, September 17, 2017

Time to Cut the Head Off the Snake


So I haven't been writing as much lately.....I like to write, clear the air, chase out the cobwebs.  But it feels like I've mostly been complaining a lot and that's not something I generally approve of. 

We've all got trials and troubles.  We've all got losses and crosses to bear.  The current trend seems to be that we should all blare our agony across the wide world.  But I don't like that trend.  And I most certainly don't care for it when I do it.  The fact of the matter is that I only vent here because there's nowhere else to do so and because no one in the real world is listening (which can be really much more painful than you need to know).

There comes a time to cut the head off the proverbial snake, and I've been trying to make decisions about a variety of those matters in my life.  It's hard to know what to do.  So I make no promises, and I'm still trusting God.

For now I'll keep writing here because some folks appear to be reading (heaven only knows why).  Maybe I'll try to be more organized.  Maybe I'll even follow some sort of theme, although it's very unlike me.  It's my nature to be persistent rather than consistent but, hey, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made"  (Psalm 139:14)  so I'm just fine the way I am even though my health doesn't work so very well.

This past week has been tough (pneumonia hit me as I thought it might).  This past week I've received a little good news but also more bad.  This past week I haven't felt remotely motivated or capable of anything. 

But I refuse to give in.

Here's what I think:  Even if you can only do one single thing, then that's the place to start.  Find a place and take a stand.  It's okay to fail; but try anyway--at least you learn in the attempt.  Keep walking forward; don't look back (or at least don't look back too much).

I said this elsewhere this week and, unfortunately, no one took account of it (although there are many in that place who are in need of the thought).  It's an old saying but I believe it's worthwhile:
It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.

So, it's time to cut the head off the snake. 
That snake is called Complaining. 

We draw energy to ourselves through our beliefs and our actions and our words.  I need more sweetness in my life.  I need more light.  I need hope.  While there's not a lot I can do about what others do and say, I am in charge of what I produce.  And I want my works to speak well of me. It all starts with my own heart.

Looking forward.
I hope you will to.
Life is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment