Friday, September 1, 2017

Which Way Was That?


Arrrrgggghhhh!  I'm having trouble being Me again.  It's no fun.  At all.

See, ever since I can remember I've been unable to tell right from left.  I have to look at the birthmark on my wrist to tell which side is right.  And I'm also confused by front and back, back and forth, too and fro, top and bottom, and whatever else--not to mention North-South-East-West.  I guess you could say I'm directionally challenged.

But the problem I'm facing at this moment is that, after years of using plain paper to print shipping labels, I talked myself into buying adhesive half-sheet mailing labels because I figured that would be a step forward and it would make my packages look more professional.  (Yes, if you haven't read here before, I am an eBay seller--that's how I put food on the table.)  Now, of course, the labels were an expense I could not really afford but I figured it would be worthwhile in the long run. 

Well, it would have been worthwhile if I knew which side of the sheet went in which direction in the printer--which is the back, which is the front, which is the top, which is the bottom.  Honest to Pete, I can't remember!!!!!  I've printed four labels so far and wrecked two of those by printing on the back of the sheet or on the wrong end when one label had already been used.  I can't afford to waste ink either, so this is not good. 

I ended up taping a label back-side-to on a package this morning because I had printed yet more postage on the backing paper instead of the adhesive label.  So I give up.  Maybe it's a good idea to hide those new half-sheet mailing labels in the paper cabinet and not think about them for awhile--it's just too frustrating. 

And I'm just gonna face facts:  I know exactly how to print both a label and a packing slip on a single sheet of paper without waste.  Surely that's Good Enough. 

Good Enough.  Where have I heard that before?  Yeah, it's appropriate.

Life is good.
Even when you don't know which end is up.

No comments:

Post a Comment