Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Yes, I know that it's not right to get angry with myself and I knew that what happened this morning wasn't important anyway, but I was embarrassed so there I was, riding home in the car alone, loudly fussing at myself where no one else could hear and yelling about how stupid I was.  

That kind of behavior is just not good.  

I know I'm God's child and that He wants more for me than to be self-disparaging.  So, I tried to stop my complaining because I know that there is Someone who listens all the time, and I said, "God, I need a little help here.  Please show me that I'm better than this."

Right at that moment, a semi roared past me on the highway.  It was bright red.  If the truck had not been dead-heading, I never would have seen the big white letters painted across the back of the cab.  It said, "My Blessing."

Thank you, God; message received.  

God blesses us.  But we also need to remember that we ourselves are a blessing to God every time we praise His name and every time we appreciate the wonders of His creation. 

~~*****~~

I will make them and the places surrounding my hill a blessing. I will send down showers in season; 
there will be showers of blessing.
Ezekiel 34:26

No comments:

Post a Comment