Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Success!.....and maybe a little karma.


Okay, I admit it:  I've never actually re-wired a lamp before.  I just decided that I would and that I could because for sure no one else was gonna do it.   And I had gotten really tired of having a lamp on only one side of the bed.

I got the lamp taken apart, no problem.  But given my inability to read the instructions (thanks, aphasia) on the package insert, I had to go watch YouTube videos on lamp wiring.  Fortunately, one guy was really clear about what to do.   After I watched the tricky Underwriter's knot section 8 or 9 times (not kidding), the rest was a breeze.  

And there it is.  I've got light!



.....and one tiny minor problem.  I somehow reversed the arm that extends from the milk glass plate--it's upside down.  The socket is where the milk glass bead should be and the bead is where the socket should be so the lamp shade will NOT fit on the lamp at all.  The arm should face up, not down.  Who knew?





Now I've gotta take the whole thing apart and put it back together again.  Undoubtedly karma for being crabby yesterday.....but I can't stop laughing because it's really, really funny.  I am still a nitwit.

I will definitely know how to rewire a lamp now!  Practice, practice, practice.


~~*****~~

Oh, and lest I forget, thanks YouTube lamp wiring guy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2xXzIFeB78

No comments:

Post a Comment