Monday, April 25, 2016

Balm? Gilead? Who Are You Kidding?


Yesterday I went to Amazing Savior Church, of course; but when I got home, I put in a 10 hour workday dealing with the inventory issues I absolutely have to get properly sorted by the end of the month.  (This is not, however, nearly as bad as the 15 hour day I slogged through on Friday.)  I think (hope!) that the task is 65% (maybe more) in hand.  This morning I was at it again for a couple of hours, sitting at my desk in my jammies, until I decided to take a shower.

My tenant has family visiting so :::::sigh::::: the water pressure went down while I was still in the shower.  No point complaining.  Having a well with low pressure is just something we have to live with out here in the County since we don't have access to city water.  At least I managed to get the shampoo out of my hair.  But it was after I got my head out from under the shower nozzle that I heard it:  machinery.  Great, just great.  Probably someone mowing the yard.....but since we're currently dealing with deciding just exactly who is gonna mow this summer, I dreaded looking out the window to see what was going on and precisely which mower was out there making a racket.

The noise got louder and louder and louder.....It was not a mower.  I threw on jeans and a tee so I could rush out the door with my dripping wet hair and there it was:  a great big electric company vehicle butchering the trees in my yard.  There is nothing I can say, nothing I can do--even though they have removed all of the branches from one side only of a 40 foot tall pine.  Right of way must be cleared. 




The good news is that he didn't touch the very overgrown blueberry grove.  I want those berries for food!  Especially so since the fire my neighbor caused destroyed the wild berries.

Certainly this is not the view I wanted to see from my untidy porch this morning.





I purely do NOT like this.  And it is NOT the way I want to start the day.  But grumbling won't solve anything.  And it won't get the inventory completed.

A very large mug of tea and a moment of prayer, however, can be substantial helps. 

 

I'm gonna go back to work.   God is in charge.  I don't have to worry.  It's all gonna be okay; and even if it isn't okay, I'll still be able to handle it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment