Sunday, May 22, 2016

Getting Clean


Although it's kinda tempting to wish that problems could be resolved swiftly, simply, magically, I'm kinda glad that doesn't happen.  It takes effort, sweat, thought to work things out.  That's what makes us stretch, grow, change.  It's a good thing.

I'm trying to keep that in mind especially right now because it's time to tackle a big problem:  The Screen Porch.

The porch should be a place of peace but it's currently a haven of horror.  Over the past year, the mess has become alarming.  It began innocently enough as a few boxes and a bag of recycling.....and, like Topsy, it just grew! 

So, here I am being (embarrassingly) honest (really, I am completely cringing--this picture is so painful to post): 



Boxes, boxes, and more boxes.  Packing peanuts.  Shipping bags.  Pieces of cardboard.  Plywood for shelves. A fan.  Bags of cat litter (clean, fresh, new--I swear).  Several garbage sacks full of aluminum cans ready for the recycler. A weed whacker.  A couple of brooms (obviously not being used!)  And, heaven help us, underneath it all is a table and chairs!

It's bad.  Really, really bad.  But I'm coming clean so I can get this cleaned. 

Although I believe in keeping necessary stuff (and in my line of work, packing materials are very necessary even though they take up a vast amount of space), I don't prefer to do so in squalor.  So I've bought some plastic storage boxes to get my packing stuff under control--it's time to get this taken care of. 

All things considered (I've got tons of other work that absolutely has to take priority, my strength is limited, and the temperature is hitting 90 most days already), I'll be giving this project 15 minutes a day or so. 

Once you've admitted the guilt, it's time to do penance and build character, so here I go! 

I'll report back on progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment