Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A Mug for Tea


I thought it was the cutest mug.  I found it at a yard sale a few years ago, and I truly enjoyed it.  Funny how some mugs make the best cup of tea, and this one did.


(borrowed picture from eBay but forgot seller's SN; sorry)

But I accidentally knocked it off the kitchen counter the other day--it crashed and disintegrated all over the floor.  It splintered so completely that I found shards from the wreckage all the way on the other side of the room (about 8 feet away). 

I felt as shattered as the mug.  I looked for another on eBay and found just one.  But I knew it couldn't replace the one I had lost.  A good mug is like a good friend; it is an individual and nothing else is ever the same.   

Happily, however, there is a nice ending to this little tale of woe.  I found a new treasure at the dollar store.  It is Offensively Green.  It is Offensively Large.  It is Just Right.

Meet my new mug. 



I put him next to a normal "large" mug for size comparison.  This monster holds a pint and a half of liquid (I know; I checked; three cups full, seriously!), and that's how I like my tea--in vast quantities.  But he seems more like a chocolate mug or maybe soup.  That's okay.  He can be exactly the kind of mug he wants to be.  I think I'll call him Lug.

Life is somehow satisfactory again.


No comments:

Post a Comment