Monday, July 10, 2017

Last Minute Yard Sale: The Battle Begins


The fight to set up the yard sale is ON! 

I've decided to set up on the screen porch since the workshop is too big a job to tackle just now and also because I'll have quick access to the house if I need to get out of the heat for a few minutes.

Earlier this year, I had worked on clearing my very, very, very cluttered porch.  But when my cat Daisy had her health crisis, she decided to make the porch home for nearly three months so I had to give up what I was doing because I didn't want to upset her further with a lot of moving about and commotion. 

Hence, one side of my porch looked like this (i.e. Reasonably Tidy) when I began yesterday.....



.....and the other looked like this (i.e. Completely Insane).....



Egads!  And there's a table and chairs underneath all that!  Yeah, it's bad.  But nothing is impossible.

The awful thing is that I didn't have any garbage bags.  As I was standing there kinda praying about it.....surprise!  I saw a little roll of four big black bags on top of a box.  Now, those bags were Not there earlier.  I have no idea where those bags came from but I know that God is good, and I believe that he prepares what we need; we just have to ask and we should be grateful for whatever we receive.  I'm also asking for strength and perseverance; I believe that those will arrive in due course as well.

So I made a mighty beginning yesterday, and I hope to have the rest of the porch cleared by this evening.

We'll see what happens.

Life is good.
And full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment